Sunday, May 20, 2012

The Literature


 

So after some agonizing google searches I purchased 2 Gypsy books for my Kobo!

And I've just got to say... why hasn't anyone compiled a list of the best Gypsy fiction to read that comes up first on google when when you type gypsy+fiction. Seriously, I'm pretty sure there are a lot of Gypsy books out there.

Anyways, I finally found a book called 'The Gypsy Girl'.


Also added to my Kobo library was The Hunchback of Notre Dame. Actually, when I first remembered that this was a gypsy story I thought to myself 'Heather, you already know that story. Try something new you lazy Louise.' and then, flashes of Disney cartoon crossed my mind. Way to be knowledgeable and cultured girl, I'm pretty sure historical fiction in writing is a little bit better than Disney's cartoon rendition. Blah












One disappointing thing about this whole situation is that 'The Gypsy Girl', as it turns out, is about a crippled boy who falls in love with the Gypsy Girl and tries to save her (from what I've gathered) He is the gofer for the bosses of the orphanage/hospital/workhouse blah blah blah. I'm thinking this will follow the plot line of the Hunchback quite closely. darn.
And yes, I did just call the bad guys bosses, just like you do in old school video games. Think Super Mario World on Super Nintendo. Ya, we all did it... right?


Time for me to get on with the day... the father in law is here to help Quincy unplug the plugged vent, and then we are going to ride the horses followed by taking in a car show and demolition derby!!! Ahhh, this takes me back to my childhood... Stay tuned for a post and photos!










No comments:

Post a Comment