Saturday, May 19, 2012

Gypsy Livin'

Oh my poor little experimental writing platform. Things are not going as well as we had planned are they?
But here is the reason why, I have been busy preparing the gypsy train! In the last two weeks I have successfully moved our little family of two people a dog and three horses off of an acreage near Kamloops and into a new (very old) Avion camper! Here is a photo of our entire gypsy fleet in the same place at the same time.


And that is Quincy's face midway through repairing a water tank leak, and clogged vent.  An investigation of the camper's underbelly became necessary after we began to notice a smell that got worse and worse and worse as time went on. eeew.

While he was working, I went for a short walk to walmart (our first RV park is next door neighbours to Walmart - camping at it's finest people) and purchased a pot and dirt for our house(camper)warming plant. I'll snap a photo of it for you in the future. Maybe.

And now, I am doing some online research to find a good book about real life Gypsies of the days of old. I figure that if we're going to commit to this lifestyle for the next while, I should be doing some research. We are not very good at it so far, if you take the example of our next door neighbours (some other full time camper dwellers). We have not been up in the middle of the night drinking and fighting, have not been drunk by 10:00 am and we have not taken in any migrant/temporary residents.

We will keep working on this, I promise. Actually I wonder if reading books is even appropriate, maybe I should just do my research by watching episodes of My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding.

Yes, that would probably be more 'true to life' but as yet, we do not have a TV! I'll let this one pass if you do... book it is!


And now it is time for me to sign off, I've been sitting outside near the internet router in the park and my eyes are getting sore from squinting at the screen that I cannot see due to the glare...

No comments:

Post a Comment