Thursday, May 10, 2012

Writing dreams = dashed



Grr! I've been on quite the emotional rollercoaster regarding my dreams of taking a summer distance- ed writing course via Okanagan College.

Long Story Short: not gonna happen.

Long Story: find course online, follow instructions and apply for a myokanagan student number. Wait 1 week and log in to register for course. Course full, go on waiting list. Check again on registration deadline, one spot available. 1/2 hour in Starbucks and 10 open tabs trying to find registration page. Call IT support, transfer to distance ed, transfer to registration office, hold, give student number. Discover that I am in fact not a student, they require me to apply for a program even though I am not going to participate in one, need my high school  transcripts (I feel like they are on yellowed paper in the basement of a museum.. that was a long time ago, right?). Anyways, it's not going to happen due to transcript delays and etc etc plus I'm kind of p-o-ed about the whole thing.


This basically exactly to a 'T' illustrates my feelings on the situation

No comments:

Post a Comment