Monday, March 12, 2012

Big news

 

The first annual Burr family Christmas letter is hot off the press! You may be thinking… uhh this is March, Christmas is old news girl. I know these things but - it’s tradition.

Let me explain. My mom started writing these family Christmas letters when I was a kid, I think that she successfully completed and mailed them 5 times over the last twenty something years. A few years ago some of the letters from way back surfaced and I really enjoyed reading about our family as it was when I was a little tyke. And so this year, I decided to start the tradition for myself. I’ll be reaping the rewards from my vinyl recliner in a nursing home, you can count on that.

(most of) The envelopes are addressed and awaiting postage. I just have to track down a few addresses and send them away. I hate tracking down addresses which is a part of the reason that our wedding invitations were late, and our wedding thank you cards became a huge nightmare. Almost a year later I still wake up in a cold sweat thinking (knowing) that we left someone out – the problem is I have no idea who it could’ve been! If you’re out there – I’m sorry, and totally stressed out about the situation.

I’ll hold off on posting a version of the letter here until after they have been delivered via Canada Post… just like the good ole’ days. Let me tell you I went h-core on these letters, this ain’t no email with a dancing santa. That makes me think I should probably feature my wedding invitation saga on here. Even I was impressed with my efforts. I’m telling ya, if you could plan a wedding past the deadline (date) mine would’ve been fing amazing. Unfortunately that option does not exist for procrastinators like me. You are reading from a girl who started her 15 pagers in university the night before they were due. Surprisingly it worked – never fell below a B+ and I only had to fib to get penalty free extensions twice. Those episodes are a whole other post in itself.

 a little clarification on the marks – the paper marks were B+ and up… the overall grades tell a different story of poor attendance and exams written under the influence… of a hangover! geez, what do you take me for!


No comments:

Post a Comment