Friday, June 08, 2012

New Directions! (again)

So I've already blogged about my design dreams for this ole Avion trailer here and here, and am about to do it again here.

Basically what it comes down to is this. When I forced my ever tolerant hubby to read my blog so that I could feel some satisfaction (you know what I mean) he saw this photo and just said "oh barf" that's all.
yepLike he wasn't surprised, and knew he had no say in the matter but that didn't stop him from verbal diarrhea-ing his initial reaction.

And, from an outsider's point of view (by outsider I mean person without appreciation of character, collections and well aged stuff) it probably does actually look like actual diarrhea (I had no idea how to spell diarrhea until now. 0 for 2 on that one, thanks spell check).

I was pretty glum about it and for a few days thought to myself over and over again "oh well, I'm the one that's going to do all the work anyways (so not true) and, whatever, he's a man. As long as he can eat, poop and sleep in there he won't care what it looks like anyways."

Urgh. even looking at this photo makes me want to go out and thrift the shit out of the Lower Mainland and buy mix matched rugs, macrame and lace. Also to paint the cupboard doors with floral gypsy designs.

Anyways back to the new new direction. After a few days of stewing, I realized that all of the layers of decor required for the gypsy theme, layered over by the necessities of daily life (dishes, laundry, towels, computers, dog, puppy etc) would turn this small space into a teeny tiny claustrophobic space. me no likey.

So I went to Fabricland to look for inspiration once again (great deals right now by the way). I could go for the whole bedspread as inspiration thing and bloom out from there, but whenever I see that in new RV's I just feel like it's tacky. More than one fabric in 2 colours for me please.

And then I saw some reds, buttery yellows etc etc and got started on a primary colours but vintage muted train of thought and da da da daaaaaa.... HBC blanket inspired.
Maybe it's my coffee mug                                                      this photo
Poppytalk: Summer in Stripes - New Hudson's Bay Company

 or upcoming Canada Day that got me there but there I am. 


and what does Quincy think of all this? I got an optomistically toned "well, that would be better than the one before"

While google image searching the map above I also found this...
Does it get any better than that folks? one HBC inspired canoe for me please! Seriously, I think they should give me everything that I can handle in the green red yellow and black.  





 This little collection came from here




3 comments: