Friday, June 01, 2012

Obsessions: The first edition

So. Finally. I am motivated, ready and willing to try a link up.


{ SaigeWisdom }




Mrs. Saige Wisdom - my only follower and the only person who even knows about my baby-sized blog I'm doing this for you... and the things that I am obsessed with of course. 

1. Honduran jelly things. I call them jelly because that's what Gerardo called them, he is the bastard that got me hooked! While in Honduras last winter, I became obsessed with the variety of wierd jelly/candy treats to be found in stores everywhere. Typically consisting of jello, and wierd congealed/gelatinized fruit. eeew. They are kind of gross in an oddly satisfying and fascinating way. This week I discovered one of the jelly products that I was hooked on in SUPERSTORE! I bought an 8 pack, in the afternoon.. and maybe I ate them all by the time I went to bed. maybe.

After multiple google searches this is the closest rendition that I could find of what the stuff looks like before it enters my belly. Superstore, Asian foods. That's pretty much all I can tell you about the actual product


2. horses horses horses horses horses horses horses horses horses horses horses horses horses horses
    horses horses horses horses horses horses horses horses horses horses horses horses horses horses
    horses horses horses horses horses horses horses horses horses horses horses horses horses horses
    horses horses horses horses horses horses horses horses horses horses horses horses horses horses
    horses horses horses horses horses horses horses horses horses horses horses horses horses horses






 If you saw my wardrobe of t-shirts in grade six you would understand. And before you ask, yes my mom did put a ban on my use of horses as a topic in any school projects throughout my elementary/middle school years. Teachers were notified and everything. I can't believe I just said that.


WOAH while trying to find a photo of one of my infamous tees, I stumbled across a plethora of websites specifically marketing ... like... THOUSANDS of horse t-shirts. Can you say new post topic/shopping spree? because I can.

3. puppy puppy puppy puppy puppy puppy puppy puppy puppy puppy puppy puppy puppy puppy 
    puppy puppy puppy puppy puppy puppy puppy puppy puppy puppy puppy puppy puppy puppy
    puppy puppy puppy puppy puppy puppy puppy puppy puppy puppy puppy puppy puppy puppy
    puppy puppy puppy puppy puppy puppy puppy puppy puppy puppy puppy puppy puppy puppy
    puppy puppy puppy puppy puppy puppy puppy puppy puppy puppy puppy puppy puppy puppy
    puppy puppy puppy puppy puppy puppy puppy puppy puppy puppy puppy puppy puppy puppy

If you had read one post back and you would understand

I saw a pit-bull jackrussel terrier at the dog park today... Why oh why wasn't I carrying my phone?!  Tell me, what do you think it looked like?

 



4. Kimchi






Yes, we buy this stuff by the box, and would eat it everyday if we did not have voices inside our heads telling us it's bad for you. It's Ichiban with the perfect amount of spiciness, and it is round, not square so I can fit it into one of my perfectly sized pyrex bowls and microwave it! I like mine to still be a little crunchy when I eat it. How do you eat yours? I know you love Ichiban too... who doesnt?!

Newsflash: I just ate some for breakfast.

 
5. Also, I've been buying my dog a LOT of fast food hamburgers for Axle lately. I guess it's only fair that I get to have one too, right? seriously... I've put close to 15000 km on my truck in the last 4 months... I feel entitled to drive through joints while I'm on a mini-roadtrip. Crap.




6. Oh yeah, I'm also obsessed with Pyrex and have an extensive collection. While we're talking about collections lets just quickly mention my trunks, fish bottles, vintage glass bottles/jars, birdcages, polaroid cameras, vintage stationary/cards, fabric, bedding (Wierd, I know. I live in a camping trailer and have 2 sets of sheets and a duvet for like, every size of bed that is available). Maybe I should save the collecitons for another Obsessions link-up. Or an episode of Hoarders.

                                                   STORAGE WARS IS COMING TO KELOWNA


                                        Ahh feels better to get all of that stuff off my chest...

No comments:

Post a Comment