Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Neeewww Direectionsssss

haha! I have been inspired yet again re: Mr. Avion renovation theme... this is going to take so much energy I will never get around to doing the actual work!!!

The new idea came about while I was on The Perfect Pallette looking for some buttercreamy - camely yellows mixed with greys and a little bit of metalics. Surprisingly there are some really great examples of how this bizarre combo comes together (I had low hopes)

anyways, I was looking at the camel (or caramel who knows) and saw this

and more specifically THIS







 Don't you just love menswear? I looked at the little photo collage and the bride is wearing a brushed feltey soft looking blazer (brown) and you know, there is a stalk of wheat boutennire blah blah but it just reminded me of menswear (which I LOVE - I wear leather old man shoes that I thrifted as often as possible.. so gross I know, I also love wearing my hubby's sweatpants and occasionally his boxers - also menswear). In fact the hubby's wedding 'dress' cost more than mine did!! (until the fiasco) and I was totally OK with it because I LOVE MENSWEAR. Anyway, back to the point.. that set of invitations just KILLS me. The vintage walletey leathery lived in-ness. I can do it because it's vintage and Q will love it because manly and I will say so. Takes me back to the days of sitting in a smoking lounge smoking cigars in vintage suits and drinking scotch out of crystal with dark leather and oak cabinets and fancy shit around. What movie was that from again?

ok so new airstream inspired by: man-time. I'm hoping to pull it off with lighter colours.. it's so small in here. Like camel upholstery, some metallic reflective shit and fingers crossed for a painting project on the cabinets. Colour suggestions? I'm at a total loss....


What I'm not a lost cause for is liquidating. I got fed up with the overstuffed cabinets (and having to many of them) and de-junked this place. I'm ruminating on a post about that, along with about 8 others so we will see which ones you actually get to experience. I did take photos though! yep, there are photos of heaping mounds of clothes (wth did they all come from?!)

Here is where you can find my inspiration behind the inspiration (on the liquidating, that is)

So, I'm pintresting cigar lounge and f'n look at this!!!! unh... whaaaattt?? YES!

This website has some stellar photos of the awesomeness.




Mobile Cigar Lounge

Mobile Cigar Lounge

Mobile Cigar Lounge

vintage books? are you kidding  me??

Mobile Cigar Lounge

OK so gloss gloss gloss sparkle sparkle sparkle leather suede leather. smoke.

















No comments:

Post a Comment