Monday, July 30, 2012

Oh Monty

Since having Monty on the road, he has been in my Pritchard back yard, at a vinyard, at my friend's neighbour's orchard in Summerland, at an Equine Rescue in Prince George (yes, there were many jokes told by yours truly about leaving him there for his own sake), and now, for the first time in ... YEARS I have my horse at a reining barn!!! The arena is large, the sand is beautiful and I am loving every minute of it. It is so nice to ride in a pristine arena and train my horse without hills, obstacle courses, gravel, and a plethora of other minor yet annoying troubles. Monty has a love hate relationship with it. He is having to work harder than he ever has in his life, however he is doing sooo well... well despite some displays of attitude that is, but it's to be expected considering who we're talking about. Last night we had a little 'scare' though... he clipped himself (no visible injury... just a very obvious sting) and was quite concerned that he couldn't bear weight on his left front foot ever again, and waved it at me many times to illustrate the point. After walking a few circles and discovering that all was not lost, we carried on. In fact we carried on with style, Monty was so overjoyed with his miracle that the 'attitude factor' was gone for the rest of the ride, he went like a totally broke horse! Not to worry, attitude was restored this evening...

Here is a little cartoon that I drew up this am inspired by yesterday night's events...

No comments:

Post a Comment