Saturday, July 07, 2012

Photobook things to remember


You will read some more about this below, but I'm having some photo-storage problems. So instead of getting a photo that is featured in my wedding album... I give you this as a reminder that there can and will be photos of all the crazy shit you do at your wedding... you have been warned. 
 


As I put together my first wedding photobook.. (I plan on doing two - one with pro's and one with candids) I jotted down some key points.  Well the first edition has arrived and so now I'm flushing out the details and warning you to stay tuned for photos of... the photobook!

1. choose photos before opening photobook application. I went right into the program to select my photos from storage, but could not see a large version of the photos, only thumbnails = bad for seeing facial expressions, closed eyes etc etc. Of course I was too lazy to exit the application and go sort through them so I just picked the ones that looked nice, sometimes multiples hoping to be able to do some culls later in the process... I was able to do this, but not with 100% accuracy... in print some photos are mucho different than on screen.

2. They (mypublisher) will ask you multiple times to choose the option where the photos load in order. Go with this option. I don't remember anymore why I didn't but it wasn't pretty.

3. Try to just enjoy your photos, and not think about how fucking expensive they were and the fact that you are actually using less than half of them for printing/viewing/gifting purposes. this will likely ruin your day. Just get over it already.

4. It truly is like telling a story - You don't have to have every good photo in the book, you just have to tell the story that you are trying to put together. Some pages with one large photo carefully selected out of 5 great ones, some pages with 6-8 small mediocre at best photos showing the buildup to a kiss... and... the kiss! one of the first comments I heard about my book was that it's like a storybook... score!

5. Wait for the deals! Seriously, they just keep rolling in.

Now, I just have to exercise perseverance while I try to get my gosh darn external hard drive to work (which contains the rest of the candids!!!!) and get my 2nd edition hot off the press!!

 - also although I threw out the packaging I really liked the witty instructions on the box!

This is such an unsponsored advertisement for mypublisher. hah. You're welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment